It's the rules game!

Beagle Beagle Beagle

judge judge judge

Looks like changing the minimum character count to 1 instead of 10 also removed the “complete sentence” error.

I am not sure yet, but I have been learning a lot about markdown lately.

I have no idea what the rules are but I am learning a lot about how the forum post composer and works.

This post passes rule 3.

This post passes no rules.

Thank you bob, in celebration of your triumph over forum markdown this post passes… no rules.

Do you remember that one episode of Friends where Central Perk closed down and then Ross opened his own coffee shop called Bcentral Perk?

Passes rules 2 and 5. Passes 4 in my heart but sadly not in actual.

I never watched much of friends, but I love the episode of how I met your mother where Arney died and then was replaced by Neil Patrick Harris.

Calling it now, when Beagle-time burns to the ground the next forum will be Seagull-Time.

Passes rules 4 and 5.

Passes rule 3 and 4 actually.

Calling it now, when Beagle-time burns to the ground the next forum will be how I met your mother staring Neil Patrick Harris.

Passes rule 3 only.

:ghost: + :ghost: =√ :ghost:

Passes no rules. Also why does it display a different, cuter ghost in the reply mode?? What the heck?

aabcdefg :fish:

Passes rule 3.

Could we divine the rules just my knowing the titles of the films you’ve listed? Or are they based on a more indepth knowledge of the films?

Passes no rules. One of the rules (it’s rule 1) is a reference to a very specific scene/running joke in the movie its based on. Which isn’t to say that it’s only possible to pass it after having seen the movie, just that it’s not something you could intuit from name alone. The rest of the rules are gettable with either just the title (i think two of them are gettable from just the title) and from like a basic knowledge of the movie.

At this point I realize I made a mistake regarding how I passed rule 1. I could make a second post and pass it again and will if people keep having trouble with it, but I worry that doing so might make things more difficult.

For now I’ll say that Lankie’s post where he quoted both me and bob, there was a hot moment yesterday when I was in Ix’s Mistake Corner where I thought for a moment I’d fucked up and that post actually passed all of the rules. It doesn’t but it was closer than I’d thought due to circumstances.

I had to improvise a new round because the one I had premade really depended a lot on having at least access to the original Postmaking threads.

But anyway I have worked out a new one and this one is themed around some of my favourite movies of this year so far.

And just for reference yes I have watched a lot of Halloween movies recently but none of these are Michael Myers themed.

Passes rule 2 only.

I loved the episode of Beagle-Time where Fact Seagull was replaced with Statement Pigeon.